2 more REAs BITE THE DUST

Ok, so I'm not sticking to K/W and Remax. I was looking for a property on Zillow and another one caught my eye so of course a realtor contacted me about it. I told him I was a REI and explained what an investor friendly REA would be able to do and how I would make multiple offers on properties. He was all for it saying he understood and he would work with me. So that was 3 days ago. he was supposed to send me 35 listings and a list of cash sales in the last 90 days. Well, evidently, his broker got in the way because he has not contacted me.

So last night I was texting another realtor about a property I was interested in and I asked her if she had worked with investors before and she said yes. So I went into the details about investors just like Matt and Dean told us to do and she was going to set up an appointment for me to see this property. Well guess what. She texted me back tonight and said her broker said that kind of business was getting into unethical and illegal issues and she was sorry but she could not work with me doing "that" type of business. I told her that was ok, I would get another realtor to show me the property. I also told her that people are afraid of what they know nothing about and that they would find out the hard way that the REAs that work with investors are making the most money. I told her to ask her broker to show her what was unethical or illegal about it. I also mentioned that people do it all the time.

So there you have it. I have had 3 REAs that will not work with me. So now I'm going to call Remax again. Last year, the "investor friendly" agent that I thought was going to work with me, did the same thing. People, how are you getting REAs to work with you? I seem to be staying pretty busy with FSBOs so I think I'll just stick with those.

Shirley

__________________

Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it's not the end.

You have not lived a perfect day, unless you have done something for someone who will never be able to repay you. Ruth Smeltzer

It is what it is 'til you change it.

you go shirley

Great job moving.forward! When one tells you u.can't u just keep.moving.forward! Lol unethical haha
That's what im focusing on too fsbo seems to be a little more easy lol good luck

__________________

yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the "present."

"Be not afraid of growing slowly; be afraid only of standing still"

Shirley

Great job on trying to get agents. They have all said it that it will probably take a handful or "wrong" agents to get to the "right" ones. So just keep on trucking and you will get that awesome agent you're seeking. Also, great job on your FSBO leads, I read some other posts of yours in which you seem to be doing pretty amazing.

I also am currently working together with 2 diff agents. One of them has worked with investors before so he's used to what I'm asking. The problem is though we plan on starting with wholesaling and one agent already told me he needs POF to be able to submit offers for us.

Maybe I'll just stick to FSBO's for now and see if I can get some killer deals through that, as I know most of them come from private owners.
Time to go super hard on marketing!

__________________

"You deserve to be successful"

Gabriel Do Carmo
www.gdc.usapropertywholesale.com

Ref.: 2 more REAs BITE THE DUST

Hello Shirley,

That goes to shows all of US, that we still have uneducated RE Agents with License. Althought, NOT ALL, but mostly the one that own the company. I had met several like those, but I kept moving, and found now several ones that are investors paradise! Thanks for sharing this with all of us.

Finding an RE Agent to work with you

Great Job Shirley-- keep it up. I'm not sure if you saw the last comment I posted on your "other" post about this a couuple days ago... I think it had helpful info on the subject Eye-wink
(I'll try to repost it here a bit later).

FYI, my agent ended up being Century 21.

Gabriel,

Don't give up because you don't have a POF. I do one every 6 months and my agent reuses it, whenever it is called for. Search POF/ Proof of Funds on this site-- I know it's mentioned several times in the RBBP thread with a Table of Contents. There are sites we an go to to get our POF's-- no nonsense. I just put Clark County as the property address and use $255,000 as the dollar amount. It helps.

__________________

Never, Never, Never Quit, N3Q
"Nothing happens until you place an offer."
"Skip Deal #1, go straight to Deal #2; it's so much easier."

"There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which should not be done at all." — Peter F. Drucker... so, "Don't sweat the small stuff." -R.Carlson. "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one."~E.Hubbard, The Note Book, 1927...so, Do it for the right reason and "Do it with a headache!" - Dean Graziosi, Weekly Wisdom #176

RE agent collectable gaming cards

Hey Shirley, I'll trade my "That's Illegal" agent card for your "It Can't Be Done" agent card.
Jawdropping!

Seriously though, I've seem to have better luck with agents that aren't part of a big chain. The smaller 1 broker, 3 agents type of agencies seem to be more open-minded to our criteria. At least that's what I've seen so far in my area.
I'm still fishing around too. Waiting on my latest agent to perform, supposed to be getting my 90 Cash purchases list today. We'll see.

Good luck! You just have to keep tossing them aside until you find one that sticks.
Don't forget that you might want to retain a few that may have individual niches that you can utilize.

__________________

Mark K. Cool

Life Disclaimer: Past Failures are NOT indicative of Future Results.

Real Estate Glossary - Click Here for PDF

View My Everyday Blog - Click Here

Shirley

Hey, I just talked to my Realtor, she will work with you also.She is licensed in NC and SC, she lives in Rock Hill, but said the distance wasnt a problem. So if your interested , she is ready for you. She knows exactly what we do , she is great and she loves alot of offers.
I will send you a message on Facebook with her number. She has your name and is looking forward to talking with you and getting you set - up.

Hope this helps

Curtis Fillers
(Charlotte,NC)

Curtis

Thank you so much. I got the information about her. Would I have to use her title company as well?

Shirley

__________________

Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it's not the end.

You have not lived a perfect day, unless you have done something for someone who will never be able to repay you. Ruth Smeltzer

It is what it is 'til you change it.

Mark

Ok, we'll trade but we'll still be getting the same answer.. LOL. I hope the one who is supposed to send you the cash sales doesn't talk to his broker first. Those guys control every move their agents make evidently! That's too much like a J.O.B.

Shirley

__________________

Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it's not the end.

You have not lived a perfect day, unless you have done something for someone who will never be able to repay you. Ruth Smeltzer

It is what it is 'til you change it.

Way to go DG Team!

Curtis, how awesome of you!

And Shirley, if I may butt in.... the title company is often dictated by the seller. At least here it is seldom left to the buyer's request. So no worries.

woo-hoo, saved by the DG Team!

Never, Never, Never Quit, N3Q
"Nothing happens until you place an offer."
"Skip Deal #1, go straight to Deal #2; it's so much easier."

"There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which should not be done at all." — Peter F. Drucker... so, "Don't sweat the small stuff." -R.Carlson. "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one."~E.Hubbard, The Note Book, 1927...so, Do it for the right reason and "Do it with a headache!" - Dean Graziosi, Weekly Wisdom #176

Update